This site and its contents are the property of the Board of Certified Safety Professionals, hereinafter referred to as "BCSP." BCSP provides this website as a service to its certificants, subscribers, the safety industry, and the general public.
Permitted Uses of Materials on this Site
- Anyone who is doing personal, noncommercial research may view, print, and temporarily store materials from this site, provided that BCSP's copyright notices are not removed and that the reuse of material does not conflict with any of the prohibited uses below.
- Others may view, print, and temporarily store materials from this site for internal use only, provided that copying fees are paid to the Copyright Clearance Center for printing of files beyond that permitted by Section 107 or 108 of the U.S. Copyright Act, that BCSP's copyright notices are not removed and that the reuse of material does not conflict with any of the prohibited uses below.
- A link or links may be made to any document or location at this site, provided that the link has been approved by the BCSP and does not bypass any license agreement or lead to any secure areas on this site for which a fee has been assessed.
Prohibited Uses of Material on this Site
- Materials may not be systematically stored on a server so as to substitute for the purchase of a subscription and/or license agreement to/for the materials.
- Except for the permitted uses above, materials may not be reproduced, distributed, and/or transmitted (via print, fax, electronic, or other means), nor adapted, excerpted, and/or altered without prior written permission from BCSP.
- Materials may not be sold to third parties without prior written authorization from BCSP.
- Magazines, journals, books, or portions thereof (including articles, figures, tables, photos, etc.) that are published by the BCSP Press, may not be posted on any website without prior written permission.
- The e-mail addresses on this website are for the personal, confidential use of members and/or website visitors. No e-mail address from this site may be reproduced, photocopied, and/or entered into a computer database or copied in handwritten format without prior written permission of the BCSP.
Copyright protects original works of authorship, including literary works, musical works, pictorial and graphic works, motion pictures and other audiovisual works, sound recordings, etc. Works that are created and fixed in print, electronic, fax, CD-ROM, and other formats now known or later developed are protected.
However, just because you receive information or find it posted on the Internet does not mean that you are free to reproduce it and forward it (distribute, transmit, etc.) to others without appropriate permission or without a license agreement if your use is beyond fair use.
Copyright notices are not required by law, so if you do not see a copyright notice on any item, do not assume that it is free to use or pass along to others.
BCSP is committed to respecting data-protection regulations. This statement informs you of the steps we take to protect your rights.
By personal data, we mean (a) the details you provide us via our forms, e.g. your email address, all ordering and billing information, such as postal addresses and payment details, and (b) all data captured in authentication and tracking logs.
By using our site and by registering for any of our services or products, you accept that such personal data will be gathered and stored in our databases. We will maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of your personal data. Furthermore, this data will be used by BCSP to provide you with the services and products you have ordered. We may also occasionally use it to inform you of new services and products related to those you have ordered and of changes and activities within BCSP. When registering for services and/or products by BCSP, you agree to BCSP using your email address in this way.
Some features of the BCSP website require cookies, e.g., to grant access to subscribers. These cookies are not used to collect personally identifying information aside from the minimum required to operate those features. The site also collects Internet (IP) addresses for purpose of providing access to authorized users of institutional subscriptions.
Authentication and tracking logs will be used to produce usage statistics. This information does not contain any personally identifiable information. BCSP reserves the right to have logs and databases analyzed by external service providers, in which case every effort will be made to protect the security, integrity, and privacy of the data.
Please note that we take no responsibility for personal data posted on any open forums, blog commentary, or message boards.
Disclaimer Regarding Hyperlinks and Third Party Websites
Any links to a non-BCSP website are provided only for the convenience of BCSP website visitors. BCSP has no interest in, responsibility for, or control over any linked website. BCSP makes no promises or warranties of any kind, express or implied to the content on third party websites, which are subject to change without notice to BCSP. We therefore cannot be responsible for, and accept no liability for, any information or opinion contained in any third party website. Furthermore, in no event shall BCSP be liable for any damages resulting from use of these links even if BCSP has been informed of the possibility of such liability.
Last updated: 5/4/2009