BCSP certificants lead the advancement of safety and demonstrate this through continued development in safety, health, and environmental (SH&E) knowledge and practice.
Certificants earn credit toward recertification by converting their activities to recertification points. All details about how to claim points, for what activities you may claim points, and what documentation is required for each activity can be found in the Recertification Guide.
Recertification cycles normally extend five years, beginning on July 1 and ending on June 30. For those just achieving certification, the first cycle is complete on June 30 following five years. Here are some key things to know:
- Recertification cycle: July 1 through June 30 of the fifth year
- Recertification is due no later than July 31 following the end of the recertification cycle
- Recertification points should be logged in My Profile as you earn them
- BCSP’s Certification Services Department can assist with any concerns
As detailed in the Recertification Guide, certificants demonstrate their professional development by claiming recertification points for activities occurring in the recertification cycle.
It is recommended that you:
- Create a file to save all recertification materials
- Retain original documentation supporting your claims for points
- Record your activities online by logging them in My Profile as you earn them
- Provide your documentation in a timely manner, if audited
Certificants may earn recertification points in various ways, including:
- Becoming a member of a professional membership organization
- Attending conferences or seminars
- Taking safety-related courses or earning a degree
- Demonstrating knowledge with BCSP recertPRO