Occupational Hygiene and Safety Technician® (OHST®)
The Occupational Hygiene and Safety Technician (OHST) demonstrates your occupational hygiene knowledge and skills. Designed for safety practitioners responsible for industrial hygiene and occupational safety at a technician level as a primary or secondary component of their job duties, the OHST provides recognition of your expertise and an avenue for career advancement.
- Will work part-time or full-time in occupational hygiene or safety (35% is the minimum) and have duties that require technical skills and knowledge in occupational hygiene or safety
- Will have three (3) years of experience in occupational hygiene or safety
- Must pass the OHST examination
- Maintenance of certification
- Pay annual renewal fee
- Meet recertification requirements
Applicants must also disclose if they have been convicted of offenses or have had a professional license or credential suspended, revoked, or placed under probation. BCSP keeps this information confidential but may deny an application based on these matters.