The Occupational Health and Safety Technologist® (OHST®) certification will be renamed the Occupational Hygiene and Safety Technician (OHST®).
- The name change more accurately reflects the exam content.
- Exam content and blueprint remain the same, but the name change sets more appropriate expectations of the content.
- The acronym and logo for the certification remain the same.
- The term “occupational hygiene” is more globally recognized as the term covering exam content.
- The term “technician” is a more standard industry term than “technologist.”
- The exam was developed with hygiene in mind originally and previous Certified Industrial Hygiene Technologists (CIHT)s were transferred to OHST upon discontinuance of that IH exam in 1985.
The OHST name change will go into effect on February 1, 2018.